The Janwaar Castle Community Organisation is a non-profit company under subsection (2), of section 7 of the companies act 2013 and rule 8 of the companies (incorporation) rules, 2014. The company runs exactly like a private limited for all legal purposes but without any shareholding and dividend for the founding members – meaning all profits get reinvested. The details of legal entity is as follows:
The start of the Idea:
In late 2014 Ulrike Reinhard and Shyamendra Singh started talking about an idea and concept borrowed from Skateisthan (in Afghanistan) to Mrutyunjay Mishra and Mehmood Khan. The idea was to find a creative solution to multiple problems of Indian mass — the 800+ million people who live in 70,000+ villages of India. Theories that govern this social experiment:
1. Open Sandbox – building everything in the same way children build their sand castle, open to everyone, ever evolving and very creative.
2. A Connected Network – bringing in passion and capabilities around a single purpose and few fundamental values
3. Economic Altruism – everything done is sustainable and is with an economic agenda of the players
More than 30+ collaborators and volunteers are playing a different role to make things happen.
Date of incorporation: 29th Jan 2016
Name and registered address:
JANWAARCASTLE COMMUNITY ORGANISATION,
F·130, STREET NO·7, PANDAV NAGAR, DELHI 110091
80G No. DEL-JE27183-19102016/7655
12AA No. DEL-JR25543-19102016/6618
JanwaarCastle Community Organisation
A/c. No. 50200018330071
Bank: HDFC Bank Ltd.
Branch: Deer Park, Safdarjung Enclave, New Delhi – 29
– Mehmood Khan, Founding Member and Director (ex-global head of innovation at Unilever and managing trustee at the Rasuli Kanwar Khan Trust)
– Mridul Batra, Director (Director of Prakriti.org)
– Mrutyunjay Mishra, Founding Member and Director (Co-founder of Juxt Smartmandate)
– Shyamendra Singh, Founding Member and Director (Owner of Pugdundee Safaris)
– Ulrike Reinhard, Founding Member and ex-CEO